Mo at (almost) two weeks

It's weird how you can feel like you know someone so well who you have only known for two weeks.  I know Mo better than I know some of my best friends.  I feel like I have known him always.  I think that part of that is that he reminds me so much of Max.  It is both wonderful and very very scary.

Here are some of the things that make Mo at 2 weeks:

Mo is very hungry.  When he wakes up during the day, he nurses for 20 minutes on each side and then goes for one or two more rounds!  He latched on perfectly in the hospital and has been a natural ever since. And though I really believe that he is terrific at breastfeeding, my breasts might disagree - ouch!

Mo sleeps awesome at night.  He sleeps for three hours at a time, gets up when he is hungry and then goes right back to sleep.  I am up with him for no more than 30-40 minutes at a time.  Ted and I are getting lots of sleep (famous last words?).  I literally haven't slept this well in a year.

Mo can sleep with the lights on, people talking, dogs barking, and the Olympics blaring.  I remember this stage.  I am sad to remember that it is just a stage.

Mo smiles when he sleeps...and not just "gas" smiles.  He really smiles - mouth open and turned up at the edges, eyes squinted, cheeks engaged.  I've never seen a baby smile like this.  I have tried to get a picture but you just never know when a smile is coming.  They are awesome.

Mo is super snuggly.  He is a great cuddler, especially right after I have fed him and I've got him on my shoulder to burp.  He snuggles in and coos and is warm and sweet.  He smells like heaven and I can't stop kissing him.  He is a total dream.  I am crazy in love.

Mo is a healer.  He just is, whether that is his intention or not.  We are smiling again.  We are happy again even though we are still devastated.  The crazy mix of intense emotions all live together and sometimes it is so overwhelming I think I might burst but, there is no doubt about it, we are so absolutely blessed by this sweet boy and he has done more healing in two short weeks than all of the therapists, spiritual guides, prayers, mediums, blogs, books and everything else.  He will never, ever replace Max, but he is a gift for whom we are both so incredibly grateful.

Morris Lee Leviss - your arrival into this world has opened your mommy and daddy's hearts again...even though I am SO scared.  We love you more than I can put into words.  I could stare at you all day long.  My heart is soaring out of my chest with love and pride for you.  You are beautiful and so special.  Thank you so much for coming into our lives.  I promise with everything that I am to give you the very best life you could ever want.  Please stay here with us - please, please don't leave us.  We promise to make you very happy.  We love you baby Mo....to the moon and back.




4 comments

Nattie said...

I like to think babies are capable of tapping into the spiritual world, which would explain why he smiles so much. He has a big brother who loves him watching over him. How incredibly devastating and beautiful all at the same time!

Susan said...

This rung bells. My sleep improved too. People would make those new-mum-comments, and they just didn't apply. He is gorgeous. Enjoy him. The sadness is still there, but I think it is amazing that it doesn't mar your happiness in the new baby. Well, it didn't for me anyway... it is just like they are totally separate things. Big hug to you. Maybe get those sore nipples sorted too? xx

Marla said...

What a beautiful post. And what a beautiful picture of you and Mo! It looks like a Renaissance painting. I cannot wait to meet Maxie's baby brother. Love to all of you.

Adina said...

Mazel tov! What a boy Mo is -- he is every bit as beautiful as Maxie.