30 Day Challenge

Throughout my adult years, I have gained and lost the same 10-15 pounds over and over again.  In my early twenties, I discovered Weight Watchers and have gone back to the counting points method many times.  I am a pro.  I know the points values of all foods by heart.  I really do - you can test me.

After having Max, I rejoined Weight Watchers.  By then, they had changed the system and the points values of all my favorite (and not favorite) foods.  I got to eat much more than I ever had before because I was nursing and they had changed the rules to allow as many fruits as you wanted.  It was pretty much the first time I had allowed myself to eat a banana in about 10 years (fruity beach cocktails not included - I have issues).

But the diet really didn't work after the first few months and I got stuck with those last fifteen pounds.  In fact, they stuck with me until I got pregnant with Mo.  I gained about 10 pounds less with this pregnancy and am stuck again at the same place - putting me 20 pounds above my pre-Max weight.  Realistically, I am still looking to lose 15 pounds (or get pregnant - those two things are in direct opposition, I am aware.)

Anyway, this post may make no sense to anyone who has never done Weight Watchers BUT, I decided this new system is not working for me and that I needed to go back to the 2004 O.G. version.  If it ain't broke...... I found a nerdy folder of old WW materials on ebay:


and I am rocking the slide scale to determine "points" values:


 If nothing else, counting up points each day keeps my attention off bigger, life and death kinds of worries.  I have challenged myself to a 30 day weight loss contest.  I even did my Jillian Michaels 6 week six pack DVD yesterday and I am SORE today (for reals).  Thing is - it's no fun competing against myself.  So, I am putting it out there.  Anyone want to join me in a 30 day weight loss challenge?  We can have a buy in and winner (who loses the largest percentage) wins the pot?

I'm looking for distractions and I think this is a good one.  Who is in?  Anyone?  Anyone?  teddyabby at gmail dot com

No comments