Lost footage

I took out my camera last weekend to get some photos of the dogs with us at the dog park and found a video that I didn't know I had.  I have cried many tears that we don't have more videos of Maxie.  Our cameras take videos, our phones do, we even have a mini digital video recorder.  May I suggest that if you have children, that you take lots of videos?  You'll cherish them when your kids get older.  It has been killing me that I didn't have a video of Maxie in his swing.  And, then I found this.  It is devastating to me that I can only see my baby in photos, videos and dreams now.  But, I am grateful for this...even though it is dark, even though he is sleeping (youtube has a function that let me enhance the light a little...amazing).

I loved Maxie in his swing.  It was a hand-me-down from my friend Marla and her husband Matt.  Little Ella (their daughter must have loved this swing too because I remember them getting a little emotional when we packed it into our car.  Maxie took lots of naps in the swing.  He slept his first 11 hour night in the swing (the first night out of his helmet).  I remember the first time he looked up and noticed the little lambs dancing over his head.  What a milestone!  Every morning, he napped in his swing while I got ready for work.  What a punky little monkey!  He is the cutest.  I miss this swinging monkey so much it feels like the pain will kill me every minute.  Lord I miss you Max!  I miss you with everything that I am.  You are my soul baby.  My whole heart and soul.


4 comments

Anna said...

What a gorgeous little sleeping monkey! I am so glad you found this video and so sad that Maxie is not with you now. Thinking of you, Teddy, Maxie and Baby M. xo

Jayden's Mommy said...

Even though its so sad to remember. It is beautiful memories.

Karen Reijers-Majkowski said...

GOD BLESS YOU!!! I TOO LOST MY PRECIOUS SON ANDREW, 3 YEARS AGO THIS PAST FEBRUARY 18, 2012...HE WAS A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD AND ONLY 23 YEARS OLD...IT WAS SUDDEN AND COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED AND I HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY DEVASTATED...HE WAS MY ONLY CHILD AND MY WORLD!! SADLY, HOW WELL I KNOW YOUR PAIN AS A MOTHER, AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS PAGE...HELPS TO KNOW I AM NOT ALONE IN HOW I FEEL OR THINK...I WOULDN'T WISH THIS ON ANYONE...MAY GOD KEEP YOU STRONG, AND BLESSINGS FOR YOUR NEW BABY ON THE WAY!!!

Marla said...

Abby, this video is truly a gift and priceless. I was so happy the swing brought Maxie as much joy as it did Ella.