It's working!

I have no reason to lie to you.  And, I know I come off as a new age looney sometimes, but I really am not.  I am just open to trying new things.

Like acupuncture for dogs.

I only WISH I could tell you that acupuncture worked this well for me!  In fact, I wish I could have reported back to you two months ago that my weight issues were finally under control because of my very effective acupuncture sessions.  Alas, that is not the case.

But for Jakey, acupuncture has been like a miracle and I am not exaggerating.  For the past 6-8 months, he has been in a lot of pain.  And, I feel like it kind of happened overnight.  His health seemed to be declining rapidly and it was scaring me.  He would spend all evening and sometimes in the middle of the night moaning like Chewbacca in pain and it was just heartbreaking.  We were giving him pain pills in the morning and often again in the evenings.  He was having trouble getting off the floor and when Layla would run out the doggie door to go chase an outside squirrel, Jake would just lie on the floor and barely lift an eyebrow.

Jake is VERY special to me and I am not ready to lose him yet (not that I will ever be ready....not that I have been ready to lose anyone I've lost).  I just need a little break.  JUST a little break!

I'm telling you that from his very first session, there has been a remarkable change.  It is like we went back in time nine months and he's only had two sessions.  There is no more night time moaning.  No more issues getting off the floor.  He jumps up off the ground with his sister when he hears the squirrels.  I really wasn't expecting this.  To be frank, I was expecting nothing.  I figured I'd take him so that I could know that I'd done everything I could.  But it is working!  It really is.  It's like my "western" doctor said to me, "We don't really understand why acupuncture works, but it works".  Fine by me....I totally don't care why or how, only that it does.

In case you are interested - we are going to the Limehouse Veterinary Clinic for Holistic Medicine in Toluca Lake and seeing Dr. Masami Seplow, who is great!  And, no, they are not sponsoring my post.


1 comment

jessica said...

I'm so glad it's working! I was totally skeptical as well but Mo would just purr and fall asleep with the needles in and it really helped her. I'm happy that they are managing to help Jakey! Love you guys - the humans and the dogs! xo