Yes!

I ran into my college friends Jenna and Mitch yesterday at Whole Foods. Ted, Mo and I were there eating lunch. Jenna said she'd been reading my blog and saw that we were having an event for Maxie and she'd thought about donating classes at her bellydance studio but wasn't sure we would be interested because my blog post about Maxie's Birthday Benefit suggested kids activities but not adult ones.  My response was of course, "Yes! We are interested!" Kids activities, pet activities, adult activities - all good silent auction items!

My friend Ann offered to chair Maxie's event.  It has been awesome having someone take on so much responsibility.  We have been having fun texting each other about updates and ideas.  She has been calling around to people she knows AND people she doesn't know for silent auction items.  She's already gotten 2 Pure Barre packages of 10 classes each (in Brentwood and Woodland Hills), Yo Gabba Gabba live tickets for four, Tickets to the exclusive Magic Castle (sounds like a kids activity but it is an adult one!  and so fun!), yoga classes, hotel stays and more.  She just thought about all of the places and things she's wanted to do and started cold calling! 

You guys - there is so much good stuff being auctioned off at our benefit. I want it all! Our friend Sammy is donating his landscaping services, UrbanSitter is donating a $100 gift certificate for babysitting, we'll have Cusinart appliances (including at least one snow cone machine - which was a big hit at both of Mo's birthday parties).  

If you have goods or services to donate and you aren't sure whether we'd be interested, email me at teddyabby at gmail for com. I am 99% sure my answer will be "Yes! We are interested!"  

Thank you or supporting our family, Maxie's memory and First Candle!

No comments